Saturday, July 13, 2024
  |  Login


 Please note our Transportation Permit Forms are Customized to our County.  If applying for a permit in our County, please use these forms below. 

  PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE  *Effective 7-26-21



The following new Transportation Permit process and Forms are effective January 1, 2018.

Forms may be faxed or emailed, but will not be issued until payment received.  If you are emailing please use if you are faxing please use 989-673-3294. **Please note that during the summer months our offices are not open on Fridays.  No permits will be issued on Fridays during that time. Current Certificate of General Liability listing the following: 

General Liability of at least $1,000,000each occ./gen. aggregate, Automobile Liability of at least $1,000,000 combined single limit ea. Accident, bod. inj., and Prop. Damage At least $500,000 for bodily injury per person and it must list Tuscola County Road Commission as Certificate Holder must be on file.

Please review the following Rules for the Movement of Oversize or Overweight Vehicles and Loads.    

                   Rules for the Movement of Oversize or Overweight Vehicles and Loads

Payment can be made by mailing or dropping off a check at the Tuscola County Road Commission Caro location or online using the GovPayNet ( system below:

Click to pay for your permit online.


 Extended Annual Transportation Permit Requirements

 Extended Annual Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $100.00


 Single Move Transportation Permit Requirements

 Single Move Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $25.00 Round Trip, $50.00 Multiple Trips up to 3 days


 Extended Annual Mobile Home Transportation Permit Requirements

 Extended Annual Mobile Home Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $100.00


 Single Move Mobile Home Transportation Permit Requirements

 Single Move Mobile Home Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $50.00 Single Trip up to 3 business days


 Refuse Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $100.00


 Seasonal Milk Transportation Permit Requirements

 Seasonal Milk Transportation Permit Form



 Super Move Transportation Permit Requirements

 Super Move Transportation Permit Form

FEE:  $100.00 per move (Per Location/Project)


 Seasonal Utility Transportation Permit Requirements

 Seasonal Utility Transportation Permit Form



 Seasonal Agricultural Permit Requirements

 Seasonal Agricultural Permit Form

FEE:  $50.00 Application Fee, $40.00/hr Estimated Inspection Fee*


R-O-W PERMITS Please Note:  New Procedure effective March 2020

Any time work is to be performed in the County Road Right of Way a permit is required.  Some examples are, but not limited to:

Residential Driveways Commercial Driveways
Hard-Surface Existing Driveway Open Cutting of Roadway
Grading or Landscaping Tree Trimming/Removal
Fence Installation Ditching/Clean Out
Yard Enclosure Roadside Mowing
Dust Control Surveying**

**Surveyor's may call the office regarding blanket permits and fee schedule.

To obtain a permit please contact the Caro Office at 989-673-2128 during regular business hours. 

You will be asked to mark the location so that the location can be inspected by a Road Commission Foreman/Engineer.  The permit will be mailed to you within a reasonable amount of time with recommendations listed on the permit.  Please see printable insurance requirements and form at the links below.  We must have a valid insurance certificate to issue the permit.

                             Insurance Requirements for R-O-W Permits


                            Right-of-Way Permit Worksheet

Worksheet MAY be completed with as much information as possible.  All other information must be typed into the electronic Permit System by office staff. 

Minimum culvert requirements are 20 feet in length and 12 inches in diameter.

Culverts may be purchased for use in the Right-of-Way (with approved permit) from the Road Commission.  Call for pricing.  Delivery is at no charge upon payment via check or cash.  We do not accept credit cards.

No vertical headwalls allowed.

Plastic pipe may be used with the following provisions:

  • Corrugated plastic pipe for 12" to 36" only.  Must meet AASHTO Standard M-294.
  • Metal flared end sections required or plastic pipe must be connected to metal pipe.
  • Minimum 12" cover over pipe.
  • May be used for yard enclosures.  Catch basins are required every 100' or at lot line (varying depending on the road drainage).
  • In backfilling, no stones larger than 1 inch diameter shall be placed within 6 inches of pipe.